Saturday 20 May 2017

Security Automation Consulting

Well, Its been a while since I wrote anything worthwhile.
 
The process being called laziness!
 
Finally after much delay and thought I finally decided to jump into the arena and become the dreaded Consultant.
 
The thought process being that if I can, I should change the process from within the system.

 
Our Industry has plenty of Consultants, surprising most of them survive, Most have very little / actual knowledge of the Systems they recommend and yet they survive.

Why do people appoint Consultants?
  
1.To be able to get advice on picking the right system for the application
 
2.To be able to create a common benchmark for vendors to submit competitive bids
 
3.To be able to create the correct Bill of Quantities
 
4.To get an informed view on the systems and technologies available
 
5.To ensure the security automation is done to industry standards

 
What do most Consultants do?
 1.They use a  one size fits all scheme and merely change legends for different clients
 2.They prefer using a bunch of systems and products due to various reasons
 3.Hardly ever take responsibility for the systems installed
 4.Never ever do an Audit of the systems they specify and recommend.
 
So What is it that I do which is different?
 
Well to begin with .. Since I have been on the other side of the table for the past 30 years I possibly know more about systems than any of the present lot of consultants
 
Secondly here is a list of activities I propose to do to begin with
  
•Site Visits for Risk Assessment & Design Consideration
 
•Creating a recommendation documentation for Client
 
•Drafting of Performance Specification & BOQ
 
•Short list Vendors for Bidding post Due Diligence Process
 
•Strategy & Design for Security Systems, Lighting & Control
 
•Create a Tender Document “RFQ”
 
•Evaluations of Tender based on RFQ and provide detailed analysis.
 
•Project Management
 
•Submit variations and compliances to the Client based on Tender RFQ
 
•System Trails / POC and commencement of the installation
 
•Audit Installations & Provide Consultancy on Upgrades
 
•Create and Audit Training program for Client
 
•Audit System for Gaps based on Initial Recommendations & Variations

What is my USP?
  1. I am the only one possibly who has installed systems.
  2. I am the only one has certifications from various OEM's.
  3. I am the only one who  specializes in CCTV.
  4. I am the only who has worked with OEM's.
  5. I am the only one who has introduced Technology to India Security Market.
  6. I am the only one who understands the viewpoint of a System Integrator and Client
I am completely independent and technically qualified to go through various technicalities of systems.

I propose to only propose systems and designs based on client needs.
 
Let me try and see if I can make a difference..
 
SO HERE GOES.. GOOD LUCK TO ME!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment